Published: 23rd February 2021
Key Purpose of Role
The Project Coordinator (PCO) is responsible for organising and controlling project activities aligned to the delivery of customer consultancy and managed service engagements and contracts.
The PCO will initiate projects, perform internal and customer handovers, schedule technical delivery resources, provide status reports and updates to the customer in agreed forums. They will also ensure completed requests are effectively closed out for invoicing. They will deliver projects to the required Project Delivery Methodology, ensuring deliveries meet the required time, cost and quality tolerances (managing risk, governance quality gateways, issue resolution and reporting).
The PCO will be responsible for accurate recording of resource utilisation and commercial forecasting. They will maintain high standards of work, personal presentation, personal conduct and punctuality at all times.
- Oversee and manage small projects from initiation to closure, producing required documentation as per the process guidelines. Adhere to the project delivery processes. Operate as the key point of contact and escalation for customers
- Maintain close liaison and strong relationships with the customer and key stakeholders across the organisation in the operation of project delivery
- Schedule consulting resource in line with agreed plans for implementation and provide clear work instructions to those resources (internal or external 3rd parties) to facilitate smooth delivery
- Work closely with members of the PMO, Consulting and Managed Services teams to ensure that project reporting deadlines are met, and project documents are updated accurately and reflect accurate status ensuring clear understanding of progress for open/live projects They may be required to:
- Provision reports to support the project management process, including status reports/updates to the customer
- Creation and ownership of the project RAID log.
- Creation and ownership of any other project or programme related trackers used for reporting to key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Follow up action logs where appropriate with project team members.
- Responsibility to collate invoicing details
- Provide accurate invoice and financial data to the customer and internally to enable timely invoicing of deliverable
- Provide accurate commercial forecasting using the designated reporting tools
- Schedule / attend client meetings and assist with minute taking and distribution of notes to key stakeholders and provide progress updates as required
- Track and monitor the progress and quality of work being performed by the assigned Project team to ensure projects delivered to time, cost and quality tolerances including the timely provision of any document deliverables
- Obtain sign off of completed deliverables or at appropriate stage gates
- Maintain and upload key documents to the document store
- Use project scheduling and control tools to create and monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures for internal and external resource
- Maintain strict change control over agreed requests, ensuring that scope creep is avoided, escalating as appropriate.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Adhere to relevant escalation processes to escalate resource issues, delayed project phases, missed deadlines and other planning issues
- Participation in Gateway reviews including Project closure and lessons learnt review to determine any corrective actions that could be taken to improve future programme/project delivery in terms of cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Accurately implement and work in line with Company policies and procedures
- Maintain professional standards of quality of work, personal presentation and personal conduct
- Carry out additional responsibilities as requested by the Management Team
- Ensure that all Company matters are kept confidential at all times
Job Skills & Experience
- Experience of co-ordinating IT projects
- Experience of working in a Cyber Security environment would be advantageous
- Ability to produce accurate reports for customers and managers
- Ability to work to deadlines and work as part of a team
- Good communication skills at all levels – written and verbal
- Hold a formal Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, PMP)
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills specifically Word and Excel
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Able to use own initiative and is self-motivated
- Good organisational skills
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Educated to A’ level is preferred or has minimum of 6 GCSE’s at grade A-C including Maths and English